How To Prevent Snakebite When Hunting
Hunting is one of the most snakebite-prone activities and works. There are more or less people who died within only a bitten hour. Snake bite protection is the most important problem when you want to go hunting Therefore, whether or not you are a hunter, you had better find out clearly about this problem in order to prevent it the most correct ways. If you do not want to become the next victim of this tragedy, let you refer to the following details in article:
1) The snakebite-prone cases:
In fact, most snakes would like to spend their poison for rodent and other small animals for eating without wasting on human being. However, according to statistics, there are nearly 8000 bitten people by poisonous snakes in North America each year where is home of non venomous snakes. The reason is that they will attack when smelling danger. Besides, there are also other cases as follows:
- At night, after rains, flooding and harvest season
- Near piles of rubble, garbage and termite nest where are home of animals like snakes
- Teasing and touching the mouth of snakes even with died snakes or cut off snake's head
- Sleeping directly on ground
- Living in the house designs creating conditions for snakes like the thatched roof cottage is attached to walls built by straw, mud and many niches especially many cracks on floor.
- People bathe and wash in the muddy water of river or the coastal area.
2) First aid for snakebite
To know the first aid, First of all, you have to identify the symptoms of snakebite:
- The bloody wounds
- Signs of swelling
- Extreme pain
- Sweating too much
- Fast heart rate
The weakness of body
- Loss of muscle coordination
- Bleary eyes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Numbness or tingle
Snake bitr treatment:
What not to do:
- Do not extract snakebite wound or suck venom by mouth as well as use tourniquet for dressing snakebite wounds due to the dressed limbs are able to be cut off, if their blood vessels are tightened.
- Do not allowed victims to drink alcohol or any kinds of drugs
- Do not utilize cold packs because it is very easy to be reduced the healthy circulation leading to ruined limbs.
- Let you define the appearance of snake without killing it, although nowadays, a digital photo can help doctor determine which type of antivenin ought to be used in the specific case. In the event of died snake, let you be careful for carrying it on.
What to do:
If you perform the right following step by step, the snakebite wound of victim will not be too serious:
- Allow blood to flow freely within the first 15 to 30 seconds before cleaning the wound. You have to pay attention to clean simply snakebite without washing with water.
- Remove watches, rings even the too tight clothes and anything else is able to tighten victim.
- You must keep snakebite wound below heart level as well as fix limbs which can influence the process of carrying. In this period, it is very important and essential to observe the body condition such as temperature, pulse, breathing rate, blood pressure even the change of skin. In addition, you should also pay attention that whether or not victim has features such as clammy skin, shallow breathing or sweating.
- According to the guidance of the International Red Cross, you had better dress with pressure from two to four inches above snakebite in such a way that it is enough to slip a finger below.
- When hunting, you should also prepare available a Sawyer Extractor because this is a powerful suction device which is capacity of removing a significant amount of venom. However, it is not popular in the medical community because a large number of people said that this is a waste of time and money even it is able to be harmful to tissues.
- The snakebite wound will weaken the motor function so if you are the bitten person, you do not be allowed to drive by yourself. In case, at this place, there is only you, you should move as less as possible.
- What is more, always remember to call 911 or the hospital before you come. Luckily, you live in the United States, you can call 1-800-222-1222 of the National Poison Control Center in order to talk to experts when meeting any snakebite situations. Let ask your own questions to have the most appropriate treatments. You can set your mind at rest completely due to this line operates on any time at the day.
3) How to prevent snakebite
- When hunting, you have to always pay attention areas where you step on even this is a place without any snakes before.
- Always bring you a flash light during your hunting process
- The snakebite-prone part of body is legs so let you protect them by the most suitable and best shoes products. I have some options hunting snake boots for you.Why you should choose them ? Because both of them are 16 inches in length, they can provide the full protection for your legs. Furthermore, they are made from materials which are capacity of withstanding fang such as denim, proprietary synthetic weaves, leather, Kevlar and Cordura nylon even they are added suede, leather, Gore-Tex and rubber.
- In terms of hunting clothes for preventing snakebite, you had better opt for the type of trousers especially both shoes and trousers ought to have snake-proof gaiters for disguising.
In summary, learning about snakebite problem in order to know how to prevent and treat the right way is very important and necessary. Though you are bitten by a non venomous snake which is considered as a harmless animal, it is able to be infected, allergic so let you apply the ways above to have a hunt as convenient as possible.