How To Hunt Safety
After all, hunting is also one of the dangerous sports and activities so to make sure your safe hunt and safety of people around hunting areas, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources' Wildlife Resources Division, any hunters had better also consider the safe tips before hunting for preventing the unexpected accidents and incidents.
1. Which types of danger, incidents and accidents you can meet when hunting
Whether you are a professional or unprofessional hunter, it is very easy for you to meet the unexpected things ruining your great hunt as fast as possible such as drowning, getting lost, hypothermia, falling from tree stands or just spraining an ankle. Meeting one of these incidents is enough to ruin everything so you ought to have the prepared methods for the better hunt.
2. What hunter should do
Take part in hunting course
- The traditional courses with skills day
You will be taught following the face-to face method that means instructors of traditional courses will directly teach you all of essential knowledge, attitude and skills for your safety and a hands-on skills day while hunting. Normally, it is quite easy for you to find out the reliable link for registering a course near your place.
The key of success in registering is to make sure you leave full of your exact e-mail address so that you can receive this place's confirmation notice about date of the course, the changed or cancelled course date even emergency case as soon as possible.
- Two steps for online course and skills day:
Like the traditional course, this online course will also provide hunter the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude for your safety while hunting. However, before starting one of any accepted online courses, students are always advised on registering a skills day.
As the traditional courses, let you look for the dependable link in order to register a Skills day near your place. First of all, after clicking the date when you want to attend this state, you just need find out the online registration form ("Internet Students Only"). Finally, to complete your course, obviously you have to attend all of learning days.
Step 2: Choosing one of the following online courses for completing
- beasafehunter.org presents Florida's free online hunter safety course External Website
- HunterEdCourse.com External Website - your learning will be easier and more interesting thanks to the interaction of animations and photos, closed captioning and narration so that you can not only listen, watch but also read all of the course's necessary knowledge, skills and attitude. You can set your mind at rest because you merely pay money $13.00 when you pass your course. Why not when there are over 90% the recommended users.
- Hunter-Ed.com Florida External Website - you will be read or listened even both of them. In your exam, each question is read aloud attached images for triggering your memory. What is more, you are going to be learned by means of countless realistic illustrations and see how the firearms as gun and bow work accurately by detailed animations. Like the HunterEdCourse.com External Website, you just need to pay money $24.50 when you pass.
- HUNTER course.com Florida External Website. You will be narrated, illustrated full of engaging animations as well as videos. Do you know the Virtual Field Day? You will be joined it during seven days per week with the support of customer service and tech. As others, you need pay $29.00 when passing.
Florida Virtual School Outdoor Education
This fits to students in high school from 9 to 12 grades. After finishing, they can receive the Hunter Safety and Boater Safety certification. In the event of Florida students, they can take part in the free available new FLVS physical education course. There are 3 specific options: Florida Virtual School Outdoor Education Course External Website, Florida Virtual School Completion Application, Hunter Safety 50 ft. Light Rifle Target. With the first one, the Florida residents from 12 to 18 years old are learned free this only hunting and boating safe course in nation. What you are received from this course are the outdoor hunting skills, the better body and experience in wildlife.
Firearms Safety Certification and Online Course
This suits to the Florida adults. You will receive your Florida hunter safety card, if you complete one of the acceptable online courses after meeting one of the accepted firearm training requirements. Obviously, before participating, you must offer the hunting regulations changing every year as well as other essential information.
Bring the necessary items:
You have to prepare full of firearms (gun, bow), knives, arrows, food, sleeping bag and other essential items.
3. Tips for hunting
- Practice with gun anytime you see it: picking up or pointing. Don't forget to assume your loaded gun.
- Consider your safety firstly so it is very important for you to point down your gun while moving with your gun.
- Determine your specific targets before hunting that means your targets are animals without being human being. Moreover, you must ensure not to shoot human near to you.
- Mark yourself by colorful orange hunting clothes and hat so that you don't become target of other hunters
- Never take your kids into hunting areas
- Don't take a loaded gun for climbing down and up a tree or going over a fence. You can ask your partners taking it to hand back when you are in the right position
- Don't use any mind-altering drugs before or during hunting
- With the high powered ammunitions, you are able to aim your targets within a mile so let you look well beyond it before shooting.
- Hunt with your best friends or at least, you must know where you can stay and when you can come back.
- Wear the safety belt, if you hunt on a tree stand
- Check carefully all of your borrowed or new equipment before hunting to make sure it works right way.
- Separate your ammunition and gun for storing and transporting especially keeping them under lock and key in cool and dry places.
- Don't shoot, if there are sound and movement
- Bring prey at home for cleaning and eating. You can also freeze it for sharing other people or eating within a month.
Let you have an interesting hunt with this hunting safety